Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Make Space for your kiddos!





Its hard to make a space that everyone can live in! I know! You want your living room and play-space to work- but you don't want it to be cluttered with kids toys and "stuff".


My decorator helped me with this simple idea. Go to the container store- and buy these simple fold out/collapsible containers (by Scout). They come in all shapes and sizes. (He cautioned me to keep them simple though and the same color for continuity!)



Voila! We had a place for "favorite" blankies to be rolled up and stowed, one basket for each kids (girl, and boy) toys- and one basket for family board games and puzzles. We took the above shelves to display some on the kiddos favorite books (EYE LEVEL TO THEM) and higher shelves to display art, glassware, and items that could be easily broken if left at kiddos level, etc.



Simple, clean, clutter-free solution, and makes sense for our family.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Southern Lady with the gift of gab. Love a great glass of wine and good times with friends. Love my babies (twins) and my precious Southern man. Life is good in Texas.